Let’s be real. You want someone who can partner on a project, creatively collaborate and co-strategize, fill missing knowledge gaps, and bring to life your insanely cool ideas. You want someone who is skilled and client-facing (aka. communicative, kind, and relatively well-behaved). You need someone who knows the newest technologies, including accessibility and responsive design.
I’m the WordPress developer who can make your designs look exactly the way you imagine them.
I love working with designers and I’ve heard that working with me is very different than collaborating with other developers. Maybe it’s my Fine Arts background or maybe it’s that I like being involved in the whole process but I want to see the designs, discuss the possibilities, and share my development expertise so that we, as a team, can build out the best website for every single client.
I work with designers who love making their clients proud, designers who know every project is a new challenge…and feel like that’s a good thing. Is that you? Cool, keep reading.
What does a designer/developer partnership look like?
As a developer, I’ve found that the best results come from a partnership that starts at the beginning of a project. We work together as a team and we strategize the best solution for each and every client. That said, starting at the beginning isn’t always an option so we can work together in a few different ways:
- From The Top
You introduce me to the client and we collaborate right from the beginning.
- On the Midway
You bring me in partway through to bounce ideas off before the development phase.
- The Grand Finale
The designs are done and you need someone to bring them to life.
Regardless of where I jump in, we communicate, we collaborate, and we trust each other.
Sound good?Let's have a chat
How I can help you…
Every website development package includes:
- A custom WordPress theme coded from scratch to your designs. I have a solid understanding of responsive design so you can share the desktop design with me, and any mobile features like the menu. From there, I’ll adjust the design for different layouts and devices
- Responsive web design (mobile-first development)
- A staging site where we can make any necessary tweaks before showing it to the client
- Custom templates and custom fields so that the client’s content is simple to edit and always looks good
- Branded 404 error page and search results page, because excellence is in the details.
- A full review of your design to ensure website accessibility, usability, and mobile-friendliness
- Access to a password-protected beta site so we can all fully experience (and edit) the client’s website before it goes live
- Strategic advice on the best tools and services for each project including: payment processing, integration of automation tools like IFTTT and Zapier, membership portals, MailChimp, file transfer tools, video hosting, and website hosting
- Google Analytics and Google Search Console configuration plus submission of the site maps for indexing by Google
- A full review of any URLs that may need configuration or redirection
- Client training on how to use, maintain, and update their site
- A custom website guide – held on a private page of their website so that they have a reference tool long after launch
How long does website development take?
Again, it kinda depends on the project but I’ve been known in the past to take a simple website from concept to launch in about a month. That said, I don’t like to cut corners so I always provide a clear timeline once I know the scope of the project.
Sounds great but how much does it cost?
Of course, like yours, all fees depend on the complexity of the project and the client’s timeline. But as a ballpark, development-only fees range from $5,500 – $15,000. Projects including eCommerce, payment processing, membership, or user logins will fall on the higher-end of that price range.
Wait, I have more questions…
I’m a business owner and I need a new website. Can you help me?
Yes. Check out my dedicated “You Want A Website? I Make Websites For Business Owners” page for all the deets.
I don’t live in Toronto but I like your style. Can we still work together?
Of course! I partner with designers all over the world. Our meetings take place over Skype and of course, we can communicate through Basecamp.
Do you do corporate or organizational training?
Yes. I’m a huge organizational nerd and I love sharing that quirk with others. I currently offer corporate training in Lightroom, Photoshop, WordPress, and project management systems such as Trello and Evernote. I’m also happy to create custom workshops as required. If you’re looking for something not on this list, simply mention it when you Write To Me.