My website, branding, logo, and business cards were all designed by Sarah Hunter of Creative Cocktail. As a creative entrepreneur with a business degree and a passion for tech and design, Sarah knows a thing or two about making your digital dreams a reality.
Helen Tremethick of the Communications Distillery wrote the content for the Home, Work With Me, About, and Contact pages. She’s lovely; you should hire her too. She also teaches Writing Killer Web Content at Camp Tech; you should take her class.
Jocelyn Reynolds captured all of the lovely images of me on this website. Jocelyn is a documentary photographer based in Toronto (and she loves to travel). I’m absolutely thrilled with the photos she captured; you should hire her too.
The fonts are served by Typekit. Headings are Proxima Nova (by Mark Simonson) the body typeface is FF Tisa Pro (by FontFont).
This website was coded by me (of course). The website runs on a custom WordPress theme (based on my WordPress starter theme).
- This website is hosted on WPEngine. I recommend them to anyone running a WordPress website. For $30/month you get daily backups of your website, security monitoring, and a built-in “staging” server.
- The Advanced Custom Fields (Pro) WordPress plugin powers lots of the neat back-end functionality I built into the website.
- The Advanced Excerpt plugin lets me have exactly the same amount of content in the excerpts on my blog, or category pages.
- Yoast SEO optimizes the website for SEO and adds metadata for social media sharing.
- Fathom Analytics gives me website analytics I need. It’s focused on privacy so I don’t need a pesky cookies notice.
- Dubsado hosts my client inquiry forms, invoices, and project proposals.